From "Turi, Ferenc (GE Power & Water, Non-GE)" <Ferenc.T...@ge.com>
Subject filter using timeuuid column type
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 10:29:23 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to filter records by using timeuuid column types in case the column is not
part of the primary key?

I tried the followings:

[cqlsh 3.1.2 | Cassandra 1.2.10.1 | CQL spec 3.0.0 | Thrift protocol 19.36.0]

CREATE TABLE timeuuid_test2(
row_key text,
time timeuuid,
time2 timeuuid,
message text,
PRIMARY KEY (row_key, time)
)

Cqlsh:    select * from timeuuid_test2 where time2<now();

>>Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator
I tried to create the required index:

create index timeuuid_test2_idx on timeuuid_test2 (time2);

>>Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with Equal operator
The result is the same...

If the used column is time then everything is OK.

select * from timeuuid_test2 where time<now() ALLOW FILTERING;

The question here. Why I can't use the 'time2' column  when filtering despite the column is
indexed?

Thanks,

Ferenc