From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CF name length restrictions (CASSANDRA-4157 and CASSANDRA-4110)
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 06:44:12 GMT
My understanding of  CASSANDRA-4110 is that the file name (not the total path length) has to
be <= 255 chars long.

On not windows platforms in 1.1.0+ you should be ok with KS + CF names that combined go up
to about 230 chars. Leaving room for the extra few things Cassandra dds to the SStable file
names.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 1/11/2013, at 5:54 am, Peter Sanford <psanford@nearbuysystems.com> wrote:

> We're working on upgrading from 1.0.12 to 1.1.12. After upgrading a test node I ran into
CASSANDRA-4157 which restricts the max length of CF names to <= 48 characters. It looks
like CASSANDRA-4110 will allow us to upgrade and keep our existing long CF names, but we won't
be able to create new CFs with names longer than 48 chars.