From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Multiple writers writing to a cassandra node...
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 01:55:41 GMT
>    I am a newbie to the Cassandra world. I would like to know if its possible for two
different nodes to write to a single Cassandra node

Yes.

>  Currently, I am getting a IllegalRequestException, what (): Default TException on the
first system,

What is the full error stack ?

> Occasionally, also hitting "frame size has negative value" thrift exception when the
traffic is high and packets are getting stored very fast.

On the client or the server ? Can you post the full error stack ?

> Currently using Cassandra 2.0.0 with libQtCassandra library.

Please upgrade to 2.0.3.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/11/2013, at 4:42 am, Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am a newbie to the Cassandra world. I would like to know if its possible for two
different nodes to write to a single Cassandra node. I have a packet collector software which
runs in two different systems. I would like both of them to write the packets to a single
node(same keyspace and columnfamily). Currently using Cassandra 2.0.0 with libQtCassandra
library.
>                              Currently, I am getting a IllegalRequestException, what
(): Default TException on the first system,  the moment I try to store from the second system,
but the second system works fine. When I restart the program on the first system, the second
system gets the exception and the first one works fine. Occasionally, also hitting "frame