From Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>
Subject MiscStage Backup
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 00:19:35 GMT
I'm trying to debug a node that has a backup in MiscStage.  Starting a
bit under 24 hours ago the number of Pending tasks jumped to a bit under
400 and hovered around there.  It looks like repair requests from other
nodes  (tpstats on this node shows AntiEntropySessions: 0, 0, 0, which I
think indicates it did not originate the repair).  After each MiscStage
task completes a series of Streams are kicked off.

I am confused why MiscStage is backing up:
  (A) This node has only been down a few hours over the past week so it
should not be wildly out of sync
  (B) no other node in this cluster has had a comparable backup of
pending Misc stages.

Repairs are run on all nodes once a week.  Physical resources on this
node are not particularity saturated compared to the rest of the
cluster; reads are slower but I can't tell cause from effect in that case.

Graph of MiscStage pending tasks: http://imgur.com/sHqHTvt

This is with a 1.2.11-ish dual-DC vnode cluster.