From Artur Kronenberg <artur.kronenb...@openmarket.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool cleanup
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:14:55 GMT
Hi Julien,

I hope I get this right :)

a repair will trigger a mayor compaction on your node which will take up
a lot of CPU and IO performance. It needs to do this to build up the
data structure that is used for the repair. After the compaction this is
streamed to the different nodes in order to repair them.

If you trigger this on every node simultaneously you basically take the
performance away from your cluster. I would expect cassandra still to
function, just way slower then before. Triggering it node after node
will leave your cluster with more resources to handle incoming requests.

Cheers,

Artur