From Jan Schmidle <jan.schmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.FileNotFoundException when setting up internode_compression
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 00:02:08 GMT
I had this error as well some time ago. It was due to the noexec mount flag of the tmp directory.
Worked again when I removed that flag from the tmp directory.

Cheers

--
Jan Schmidle
Founder & CEO

cospired GmbH
RoƟmarkt 6
D-80331 Munich
P+49 89 999540-40
F+49 89 999540-49
Mhello@cospired.com
T@cospired
Whttp://cospired.com
HRB 196843UID DE281743865

Am 14.11.2013 um 03:39 schrieb srmore:

> Yes it does, the stack trace is in the first thread. I did not try to create CF (was
trying to enable it in cassandra.yaml), I have an existing CF and wanted to use compression
for inter-node communication. When I enable snappy compression (in yaml) I get the error and
cassandra quits. I figured this might be a snappy issue and nothing to do with cassandra,
will log a bug there.

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> IIRC there is a test for snappy when the node starts does that log an error ?
>
> And / or can you create a CF that uses snappy compression (it was the default for a while
in 1.2).

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> New Zealand
> @aaronmorton
>
> Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
> Apache Cassandra Consulting
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 13/11/2013, at 3:09 am, srmore <comomore@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Christopher !
>> I don't think glibc is an issue (as it did go that far) /usr/tmp/snappy-1.0.5-libsnappyjava.so
is not there, permissions look ok, are there any special settings (like JVM args) that I should
be using ? I can see libsnappyjava.so in the jar though (snappy-java-1.0.5.jar\org\xerial\snappy\native\Linux\i386\)
one other thing I am using RedHat 6. I will try updating glibc ans see what happens.

>> Thanks !
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Christopher Wirt <chris.wirt@struq.com> wrote:
>> I had this the other day when we were accidentally provisioned a centos5 machine
(instead of 6). Think it relates to the version of glibc. Notice it wants the native binary
.so not the .jar

>> So maybe update to a newer version of glibc? Or possibly make sure the .so exists
at /usr/tmp/snappy-1.0.5-libsnappyjava.so?

>> I was lucky and just did an OS reload to centos6.
>>

>> Here is someone having a similar issue.
>>
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cassandra-commits/201307.mbox/%3CJIRA.12616012.1352862646995.6820.1373083550278@arcas%3E

= all to work. I am getting  the following exception. I am using cassandra 1.2.9 and have
snappy-java-1.0.5.jar in my classpath. Google search did not return any useful result, has
anyone seen this before ?