From Josh Dzielak <j...@keen.io>
Subject Schema disagreement under normal conditions, ALTER TABLE hangs
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 02:42:55 GMT
Recently we had a strange thing happen. Altering schema (gc_grace_seconds) for a column family
resulted in a schema disagreement. 3/4 of nodes got it, 1/4 didn't. There was no partition
at the time, nor was there multiple schema updates issued. Going to the nodes with stale schema
and trying to do the ALTER TABLE there resulted in hanging. We were eventually able to get
schema agreement by restarting nodes, but both the initial disagreement under normal conditions
and the hanging ALTER TABLE seem pretty weird. Any ideas here? Sound like a bug?

We're on 1.2.8.

Thanks,
Josh

--