From "Boole.Z.Guo (mis.cnsh04.Newegg) 41442" <Boole.Z....@newegg.com>
Subject 答复: How to configure linux service for Cassandra?
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:19:17 GMT
Thanks very much. I will try.

The goal of ccm and ccmlib is to make is easy to create, manage and destroy a
small cluster on a local box. It is meant for testing of a Cassandra cluster.
Best Regards,
Boole Guo
Software Engineer, NESC-SH.MIS
+86-021-51530666*41442
Floor 19, KaiKai Plaza, 888, Wanhangdu Rd, Shanghai (200042)

发件人: Christopher Wirt [mailto:chris.wirt@struq.com]
发送时间: 2013年11月12日 16:53
收件人: user@cassandra.apache.org
主题: RE: How to configure linux service for Cassandra?

Starting multiple Cassandra nodes on the same machine involves setting loop back aliases and
some configuration fiddling.

Lucky for you Sylvain Lebresne made this handy tool in python which does the job for you.
https://github.com/pcmanus/ccm

to run as a service you need a script like this http://www.bajb.net/2012/01/cassandra-service-script/
I haven’t tried this, I just run Cassandra in the foreground of a screen session.