From Santosh Shet <santosh.s...@vista-one-solutions.com>
Subject RE: While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 04:17:20 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have created CF using thrift interface(Cassandra-cli) and
this error is resolved.

From: Aaron Morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 7:20 AM
To: Cassandra User
Subject: Re: While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client

Hector is designed to use Column Families created via the thrift interface, e.g. using cassandra-cli

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/11/2013, at 8:51 pm, Santosh Shet <santosh.shet@vista-one-solutions.com<mailto:santosh.shet@vista-one-solutions.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I am getting below error while inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client.

me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not
enough bytes to read value of component 0)

I am facing this problem after upgrading Cassandra from 1.2.3 to version 2.0.2. Earlier I
was able to insert data using same code.

Below are the scripts used to create keyspace and table.

CREATE KEYSPACE demo_one
         WITH REPLICATION = {'class' : 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor': 1};

CREATE TABLE investmentvehicle(key text PRIMARY KEY);

Could you provide some inputs to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Santosh Shet
Software Engineer | VistaOne Solutions
Direct India : +91 80 30273829 | Mobile India : +91 8105720582
Skype : santushet