From Santosh Shet <santosh.s...@vista-one-solutions.com>
Subject While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:51:29 GMT
Hi,

I am getting below error while inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client.

me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not
enough bytes to read value of component 0)

I am facing this problem after upgrading Cassandra from 1.2.3 to version 2.0.2. Earlier I
was able to insert data using same code.

Below are the scripts used to create keyspace and table.

CREATE KEYSPACE demo_one
         WITH REPLICATION = {'class' : 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor': 1};

CREATE TABLE investmentvehicle(key text PRIMARY KEY);

Could you provide some inputs to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Santosh Shet
Software Engineer | VistaOne Solutions
Direct India : +91 80 30273829 | Mobile India : +91 8105720582
Skype : santushet