From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Adding nodes to a cluster and 2 minutes rule
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 07:35:42 GMT
Of the top of my head there are some delays in the code do with schema synchronisation and
bootstrapping. I’m not sure if it adds up to two minutes but it sounds ok. But the two minute
window would allow a new node to startup, join, sync the schema and start the bootstrap process.

> I was trying to figure out why, and how to check if after 2 minutes the conditions to
add more nodes are met or I have to wait more... any clues?

If you see the new node as JOINING state ( cannot remember what that is in nodetool status)
you should be ok to go.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/11/2013, at 7:28 am, Carlos Alvarez <cbalvarez@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Here  http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/webhelp/cassandra/operations/ops_add_node_to_cluster_t.html
says that it is needed to wait 2 minutes between adding nodes.