You're not supposed to change the table settings by modifying system.schema_columnfamilies as this will skip proper propagation of the change. Instead, you're supposed to do an ALTER TABLE, so something like:
† ALTER TABLE hol WITH default_time_to_live=10;

That being said, if you restart the node on which you've made the update, the change "should" be picked up and propagated to all nodes. Still not a bad idea to do the ALTER TABLE to make sure everything is set right.

--
Sylvain