Thanks very much. Your pom works for me too, so that gives me a good reference point.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Giancarlo Silvestrin <giancarlos@gmail.com> wrote:
I created a sample pom.xml that successfully compiles cassandra.scala using maven 3, it might be useful to compare with you own: https://gist.github.com/gsilvestrin/6814624

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Richard Rodseth <rrodseth@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the offer. I wouldn't be able to share the whole pom, and this task has been de-prioritized, but if I can find the time I will try to create a simpler test case.

I just tried adding the exclusion to the pom dependency, but it didn't make a difference.

sbt:

  "com.datastax.cassandra"  % "cassandra-driver-core" % "1.0.1"  exclude("org.xerial.snappy", "snappy-java"),
  "org.xerial.snappy"       % "snappy-java"           % "1.0.5", //https://github.com/ptaoussanis/carmine/issues/5

maven:

<!--             Based on typesafe activator template for cassandra/akka -->

           <dependency>

            <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>

            <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId>

            <version>1.0.1</version>

            <exclusions>

              <exclusion>  <!-- declare the exclusion here -->

                <groupId>org.xerial.snappy</groupId>

                <artifactId>snappy-java</artifactId>

              </exclusion>

            </exclusions>