ok found out the problem..

i was using something like:
select * from log where token(mykey) > token(maxTimeuuid(xxxxx)) limit 100;

instead I should just simply use
select * from log where token(mykey) > token(key_from_last_result) limit 100;

the fake timeuuid although represent the time from last key, but doesn't do anything good to the token function. The argument to the token should really be the actual key value.