There is some discussion in this ticket, looks like it was pushed to a later release

I cannot find any open tickets for it

May be a good idea to create one and request the feature.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting

On 30/10/2013, at 3:24 am, Keith Freeman <> wrote:

There's some rationale here:

And I'm sure part of the reason is the 64k size limit: maps (and sets and lists) are limited to 64k total size (, so it wouldn't be very read-efficient to load individual elements.