We are starting up a new cluster with Cassandra 2.0.0 and one of the features we were interested in was Per-CF TTL (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3974)

I didn’t find any commands in CQL to set this value, so I’ve used the following:

               UPDATE system.schema_columnfamilies SET default_time_to_live = 10 WHERE keyspace_name = 'testschema' AND columnfamily_name = 'hol';

Confirming it is set:

cqlsh:testschema> select default_time_to_live from system.schema_columnfamilies where keyspace_name = 'testschema' and columnfamily_name = 'hol';

Then I Insert some dummy data, but it never expires…

Using the ttl command I get this:

cqlsh:testschema> select ttl(coverage) from hol;

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

   Pieter Callewaert

   Web & IT engineer

   Web:   www.be-mobile.be