We use Jmxterm: http://wiki.cyclopsgroup.org/jmxterm

On 10/07/2013 07:53 AM, Tom van den Berge wrote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Is there a way to do this without JMX? I wouldn't know now to run a JMX console on my production servers without a graphical interface.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Michał Michalski <michalm@opera.com> wrote:
I had similar issue (reported many times here, there's also a JIRA issue, but people reporting this problem were unable to reproduce it).

What I can say is that for me the solution was to run major compaction on the index CF via JMX. To be clear - we're not talking about compacting the CF that IS indexed (your CF), but the internal Cassandra's one, which is responsible for storing index data.

MBean you should look for looks like this:

org.apache.cassandra.db:type=IndexColumnFamilies,keyspace=<KS>,columnfamily=<CF>.<IDX>

M.