Does DSC include other things like Opscenter by default ?
Not sure, I've normally installed it with an existing cluster.

Would it be possible to remove any of these installations but keeping the data intact & easily switch to the another, I mean switching from DSC package to apache one or vice versa ?
Yes.
Same code, same data.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand