From Oleg Dulin <oleg.du...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding a data center with data already in place
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:33:20 GMT
I am using Cassandra 1.1.11 and plan on upgrading soon, but in the
meantime here is what happened.

I couldn't run repairs because of a slow WAN pipe, so i removed the
second data center from the cluster.

Today I need to bring that data center back in. It is not 2-3 days out
dated. I have two options:

1) Treat this as a new data center and let the nodes sync from scratch, or
2) Bring the nodes back up with all the data in place and do a repair.

We are talking about 30-40Gigs per node. There are 4 nodes in both data
centers, with RF=2.

--
Regards,
Oleg Dulin