From Nigel LEACH <nigel.le...@uk.bnpparibas.com>
Subject RE: OpsCenter not connecting to Cluster
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:00:49 GMT
Fixed - Sort of.

I noticed in the Cassandra system log that thrift was linked to localhost, not xx.xx.xx.xx,
or its hostname.

	Binding thrift service to localhost/127.0.0.1:9160.

So, in the OpsCenter GUI I entererd localhost as the name of a server in the Cluster, and
all works.

Regards
Nigel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel LEACH
Sent: 30 October 2013 10:50
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: OpsCenter not connecting to Cluster

Hello Pieter, Thank you for the response. I picked up on the stackoverlow link, but I am already
setting rpc_server_type as sync. As you say they are Ubuntu, and I am Redhat, but I'm not
on top RPC implementations to know whether that is relevent.

Another point, in my original mail I missed of two lines from my log

DEBUG: Trying to connect to node xx.xx.xx.xx over thrift
DEBUG: Not returning SASL credentials for xx.xx.xx.xx

Lastly, I can connect successfully to all the JMX's (via VisualVM) on the default 7199 port.

Regards, Nigel