From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException when bootstrapping new nodes
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:22:17 GMT
FYI, we should upgrade to the last 1.2 version (1.2.11+) in January 2014. However, we would
like to know if it's a known fixed bug or inform you about this issue if it's not.
--
Cyril SCETBON

On 29 Oct 2013, at 19:14, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scetbon@free.fr> wrote:
> We didn't find the reason why it didn't work but we are wondering if it's a BUG. We are
using Cassandra 1.2.2 and we resolved the issue with a rolling restart of other nodes in the
same DC and maybe with some luck... We don't know if it's important but we also added the
first 2 new nodes added to the topology file before we successfully bootstrapped the last
2 nodes.

> While this is not directly responsive to your question, I suggest upgrading from 1.2.2
to at least 1.2.9 ASAP. 1.2.2 contains significant bugs.