From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Wide rows (time series data) and ORM
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:52:00 GMT
PlayOrm supports different types of wide rows like embedded list in the object, etc. etc.
There is a list of nosql patterns mixed with playorm patterns on this page

http://buffalosw.com/wiki/patterns-page/

From: Les Hartzman <lhartzman@gmail.com<mailto:lhartzman@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:18 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Wide rows (time series data) and ORM

As I'm becoming more familiar with Cassandra I'm still trying to shift my thinking from relational
to NoSQL.

Can Kundera work with wide rows in an ORM manner? In other words, can you actually design
a POJO that fits the standard recipe for JPA usage? Would the queries return collections of
the POJO to handle wide row data?

I had considered using Spring and JPA for Cassandra, but it appears that other than basic
configuration issues for Cassandra, to use Spring and JPA on a Cassandra database seems like
an effort in futility if Cassandra is used as a NoSQL database instead of mimicking an RDBMS
solution.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Les