From "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hil...@nrel.gov>
Subject Re: Online shop with Cassandra
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:48:51 GMT
Read the paper "Building on Quicksand"  especially the section where he
describes what they do at AmazonŠthe apology modelŠie. Allow overbooking
and apologize but limit overbookingŠ.That is one way to go and stay
scalable.

You may want to analyze the percentage change that overbooking can be as
wellŠ..the paper may give you other ideas.

Another idea is atomic row update and leveraging that which I think is in
2.0 such that the first person wins.

Later,
Dean