From Keith Wright <kwri...@nanigans.com>
Subject Unable to bootstrap new node
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:12:29 GMT
Hi all,

   We are running C* 1.2.8 with Vnodes enabled and are attempting to bootstrap a new node
and are having issues.  When we add the node we see it bootstrap and we see data start to
stream over from other nodes however we are seeing one of the other nodes get stuck in full
GCs to the point where we had to restart one of the nodes.  I assume this is because building
the merkle tree is expensive.   The main issue is that the streaming from the node never recovers.
 We see the following:

Stream failed because /10.8.44.80 died or was restarted/removed (streams may still be active
in background, but further streams won't be started)

Any way to force the streaming to restart?   Have others seen this?

Thanks