From Peter Sanford <psanf...@nearbuysystems.com>
Subject CF name length restrictions (CASSANDRA-4157 and CASSANDRA-4110)
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:54:41 GMT
We're working on upgrading from 1.0.12 to 1.1.12. After upgrading a test
node I ran into CASSANDRA-4157 which restricts the max length of CF names
to <= 48 characters. It looks like CASSANDRA-4110 will allow us to upgrade
and keep our existing long CF names, but we won't be able to create new CFs
with names longer than 48 chars.

Is there any reason that the logic from 4110 wasn't also applied to
the 4157 code path?

(Our naming convention results in a lot of materialized view CFs that have
names > 48 characters.)

-psanford