From Richard Rodseth <rrods...@gmail.com>
Subject DataStax driver with Scala/Akka
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 16:14:32 GMT
I wanted to try the async Cassandra driver from DataStax, in a Scala/Akka
app, so I took a look at the Akka Cassandra Activator template.

https://github.com/eigengo/activator-akka-cassandra

I copied cassandra.scala from the template (it contains a conversion from
ResultSetFuture to a Scala future).

Unfortunately that file doesn't compile in my project - the error is:

value addListener is not a member of
com.datastax.driver.core.ResultSetFuture

I have the following in my Maven pom.xml

           <dependency>

            <groupId>com.datastax.cassandra</groupId>

            <artifactId>cassandra-driver-core</artifactId>

            <version>1.0.3</version>

          </dependency>

Probably something silly. Any pointers appreciated. Any other non-blocking
Akka/Cassandra samples out there for me to look at?

Thanks in advance

RIchard