From Jimmy Lin <y2klyf+w...@gmail.com>
Subject paging through a table with timeuuid primary key
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:26:25 GMT
i have a table like the following:

CREATE TABLE log (
mykey timeuuid,
type text,
msg text,
primary key(mykey, type)
);

I want to page through all the results from the table using

select * from log where token(mykey) > token(maxTimeuuid(xxxxx)) limit 100;

(where xxx is 0 for the first query, and next one to be the time of the
mykey(timeuuid) from the last query result)

But i seem to get random result.

is the above logic make sense for timeuuid type pagination?

when we use token in the where clase, is the result return sorted?
e.g
where token(k) > token(4) AND token(k)  < token(10) limit 3

k=5, k=6, k=7
or
k=7, k=5, k=9

?

I see lot of article use LIMIT to achieve page size, but if the result is
not sorted, then it is possible to miss item?

thanks