From Russ Garrett <r...@garrett.co.uk>
Subject Compaction issues
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:14:15 GMT
Hi,

We have a cluster which we've recently moved to use
LeveledCompactionStrategy. We were experiencing some disk space
issues, so we added two additional nodes temporarily to aid
compaction. Once the compaction had completed on all nodes, we
decommissioned the two temporary nodes.

All nodes now have a high number of pending tasks which isn't dropping
- they're remaining approximately static. There are constantly
compaction tasks running, but when they complete, the pending tasks
number doesn't drop. We've set the compaction rate limit to 0, and
increased the number of compactor threads until the I/O utilisation is
at maximum, but neither of these have helped.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

--
Russ Garrett