From Russ Garrett <r...@garrett.co.uk>
Subject Re: Compaction issues
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:16:23 GMT
On 23 October 2013 15:05, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When we made a similar move, for an unknown reason (I didn't hear any feedback from the
list when I asked why this might be), compaction didn't start after we moved from SizedTiered
to leveled compaction until I ran "nodetool compact <keyspace> <column-family-converted-to-lcs>".

Yup, I understand that's this issue (the fix is still unreleased):

However, my suspicion is that adding/removing nodes has probably
kickstarted the compaction anyway. I've tried issuing "nodetool
compact" with no obvious improvement. Also, there are plenty of
compactions running - it just seems like the number of pending tasks
is never affected.

Good point on the version. I'm on 2.0.1.

--
Russ Garrett
russ@garrett.co.uk