From Sameer Farooqui <sam...@blueplastic.com>
Subject How to determine which node(s) an insert would go to in C* 2.0 with vnodes?
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 09:20:05 GMT
Hi,

When using C* 2.0 in a large 100 node cluster with Murmer3Hash, vnodes and
256 tokens assigned to each node, is it possible to find out where a
certain key is destined to go?

If the keyspace defined has replication factor = 3, then a specific key
like 'row-1' would be destined to go to 3 nodes, right? Is there a way I
can pre-determine which of the 3 nodes out of 100 that that insert of
'row-1' would go to?

Or alternatively, after I've already written the 'row-1', can I find out
which 3 nodes it went to?