From Les Hartzman <lhartz...@gmail.com>
Subject Wide rows (time series data) and ORM
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:18:46 GMT
As I'm becoming more familiar with Cassandra I'm still trying to shift my
thinking from relational to NoSQL.

Can Kundera work with wide rows in an ORM manner? In other words, can you
actually design a POJO that fits the standard recipe for JPA usage? Would
the queries return collections of the POJO to handle wide row data?

I had considered using Spring and JPA for Cassandra, but it appears that
other than basic configuration issues for Cassandra, to use Spring and JPA
on a Cassandra database seems like an effort in futility if Cassandra is
used as a NoSQL database instead of mimicking an RDBMS solution.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Les