From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compaction issues
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:05:34 GMT
When we made a similar move, for an unknown reason (I didn't hear any feedback from the list
when I asked why this might be), compaction didn't start after we moved from SizedTiered to
leveled compaction until I ran "nodetool compact <keyspace> <column-family-converted-to-lcs>".

The thread is here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg27726.html

I've also seen other individuals on this list state that those pending compaction stats didn't
move unless the node was restarted.  Compaction started to run several minutes after restart.

Thanks,
-Mike