From Paco Trujillo <F.Truji...@genetwister.nl>
Subject thrift_max_message_length_in_mb is not recognized by cassandra-cli
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:50:29 GMT
Hi everyone

I am having problems trying to query a wide row in Cassandra 1.2.4 When I tried to query the
row using the Cassandra-cli, I obtain this error:

Frame size (75209759) larger than max length (15728640)!
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Frame size (75209759) larger than max length
(15728640)!
                at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.readFrame(TFramedTransport.java:137)
                at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.read(TFramedTransport.java:101)

I tried to change the next configuration parameters in the Cassandra.yaml:

# Frame size for thrift (maximum field length).
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 1024

# The max length of a thrift message, including all fields and
# internal thrift overhead.
thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 1048

But I obtain the same error when I tried to query the row using the Cassandra cli.

When I start cassndra in the log appears:

INFO 14:48:34,133 Using TFramedTransport with a max frame size of 1073741824 bytes.
INFO 14:48:34,137 Using synchronous/threadpool thrift server on localhost : 9160
INFO 14:48:34,137 Listening for thrift clients...

But in the Cassandra cli the change is not reflected, is it a problem with the version that
we are using?

Thanks for your help

[cid:image001.png@01CEC9B5.A8DECB80]<http://www.genetwister.nl/>
Disclaimer
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom/which they are addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete this e-mail from your system
and do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. This e-mail shall not constitute a
binding agreement unless expressly confirmed in writing by one of the Directors of Genetwister.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Genetwister. Finally, the recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Genetwister accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail or damage caused by the use
of the information contained in this e-mail. / Chamber of Commerce Arnhem, The Netherlands
no.: 11043533