From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to use Cassandra on-node storage engine only?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:29:19 GMT
>  Can I use the Cassandra data storage engine only?

should be able to, it's pretty well architected.

I did a talk at Cassandra EU last week about the internals which will be helpful, look on
the Planet Cassandra site it will be posted there soon. (I did the same talk at Cassandra
SF this year as well.)

If you are looking at the code the getColumnFamily() and apply() functions on the o.a.c.db.Table
class are the read and write calls you would want to use.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 24/10/2013, at 2:47 AM, Yasin Celik <yasincelik27@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am developing an application for data storage. All the replication, routing and data
retrieving types of business are handled in my application. Up to now, the data is stored
in memory. Now, I want to use Cassandra storage engine to flush data from memory into hard
drive. I am not sure if that is a correct approach.

> My question: Can I use the Cassandra data storage engine only? I do not want to use Cassandra
as a whole standalone product (In this case, I should run one independent Cassandra per node
and my application act as if it is client of Cassandra. This idea will put a lot of burden
on node since it puts unnecessary levels between my application and storage engine).

> I have my own replication, ring and routing code. I only need the on-node storage facilities
of Cassandra. I want to embed cassandra in my application as a library.