From Wz1975 <wz1...@YAHOO.COM>
Subject Re: one big cluster vs multiple smaller clusters
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:19:58 GMT
we have choices of making one big cluster vs a few small clusters. I am trying to get pros
and cons for both options in genera.

Thanks.
-Wei

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Re: one big cluster vs multiple smaller clusters
From: Jon Haddad <jon@jonhaddad.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
CC:

This is a pretty vague question.  What are you trying to achieve?

On Oct 12, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
As we bring more use cases to Cassandra, we have been thinking about the best way to host
it. Let's say we will have 15 physical machines available, we can use all of them to form
a big cluster or divide them into 3 clusters with 5 nodes each. As we will deploy to 1.2,
it becomes easier to expand the cluster with vnodes. I really don't see any good reasons to
make 3 smaller clusters. Did I miss anything obvious?

Thanks.
-Wei