From Aaron Morton <>
Subject Re: CQL & selecting individual items from a map
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:02:38 GMT
There is some discussion in this ticket, looks like it was pushed to a later release

I cannot find any open tickets for it

May be a good idea to create one and request the feature.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting

On 30/10/2013, at 3:24 am, Keith Freeman <> wrote:

> There's some rationale here:
> And I'm sure part of the reason is the 64k size limit: maps (and sets and lists) are
limited to 64k total size (, so it wouldn't
be very read-efficient to load individual elements.
> On 10/28/2013 08:03 PM, Liam Stewart wrote:
>> I was wondering if anybody could explain the rationale behind disallowing selection
of individual elements from a map in CQL and why an entire map must be retrieved at once when
items are stored as distinct columns? Are there any plans to allow individual selection?
>> --
>> Liam Stewart ::

View raw message