From David Laube <d...@stormpath.com>
Subject Automated backup and restore of Cassandra 2.0
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:04:26 GMT
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone on the list could make some recommendations as to how you are currently
backing up and restoring your ring in an automated manner. We are deploying Cassandra 2.0
with Chef and as part of our release process, we test our application in a full staging environment
before going to production. From what I understand about the snapshot/restore process, this
requires that we restore X number of individual node snapshots to X number of nodes in a separate
staging-ring. I would like to handle this either in-house or with open source software instead
of going down the Datastax route. Can anyone suggest some methods of accomplishing this goal
in a straight-forward way? Thanks!

Best regards,
-David Laube