From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compaction issues
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:10:05 GMT
One more note,

When we did this conversion, we were on Cassandra 1.1.X.  You didn't mention what version
of Cassandra you were running,

Thanks,
-Mike

On Oct 23, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Michael Theroux wrote:

> When we made a similar move, for an unknown reason (I didn't hear any feedback from the
list when I asked why this might be), compaction didn't start after we moved from SizedTiered
to leveled compaction until I ran "nodetool compact <keyspace> <column-family-converted-to-lcs>".

> The thread is here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg27726.html
>
> I've also seen other individuals on this list state that those pending compaction stats
didn't move unless the node was restarted.  Compaction started to run several minutes after
restart.