From Pieter Callewaert <pieter.callewa...@be-mobile.be>
Subject RE: default_time_to_live
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 19:27:47 GMT
Thanks, it works perfectly with ALTER TABLE. Stupid I didn't thought of this.
Maybe I overlooked, but maybe this should be added in the docs. Really a great feature!

Kind regards,

   Pieter Callewaert
   Web & IT engineer

   Web:   www.be-mobile.be<http://www.be-mobile.be/>
   Email: pieter.callewaert@be-mobile.be<mailto:pieter.callewaert@be-mobile.be>
   Tel:  + 32 9 330 51 80

From: Sylvain Lebresne [mailto:sylvain@datastax.com]
Sent: dinsdag 1 oktober 2013 19:10
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: default_time_to_live

You're not supposed to change the table settings by modifying system.schema_columnfamilies
as this will skip proper propagation of the change. Instead, you're supposed to do an ALTER
TABLE, so something like:
  ALTER TABLE hol WITH default_time_to_live=10;

That being said, if you restart the node on which you've made the update, the change "should"
be picked up and propagated to all nodes. Still not a bad idea to do the ALTER TABLE to make
sure everything is set right.

--
Sylvain

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Pieter Callewaert <pieter.callewaert@be-mobile.be<mailto:pieter.callewaert@be-mobile.be>>