From Pieter Callewaert <pieter.callewa...@be-mobile.be>
Subject default_time_to_live
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 08:50:46 GMT
Hi,

We are starting up a new cluster with Cassandra 2.0.0 and one of the features we were interested
in was Per-CF TTL (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3974)
I didn't find any commands in CQL to set this value, so I've used the following:

               UPDATE system.schema_columnfamilies SET default_time_to_live = 10 WHERE keyspace_name
= 'testschema' AND columnfamily_name = 'hol';

Confirming it is set:

cqlsh:testschema> select default_time_to_live from system.schema_columnfamilies where keyspace_name
= 'testschema' and columnfamily_name = 'hol';

default_time_to_live
----------------------
                   10

Then I Insert some dummy data, but it never expires...
Using the ttl command I get this:

cqlsh:testschema> select ttl(coverage) from hol;

ttl(coverage)
          Null

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Kind regards,

   Pieter Callewaert
   Web & IT engineer

   Web:   www.be-mobile.be<http://www.be-mobile.be/>