From Artur Kronenberg <artur.kronenb...@openmarket.com>
Subject Re: Rowcache and quorum reads cassandra
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:03:26 GMT
Hi.

That is basically our set up. We'll be holding all data on all nodes.

My problem was more on how the cache would behave. I thought it might go
this way:

1. No cache hit

Read from 3 nodes to verify results are correct and then return. Write
result into RowCache.

2. Cache hit

Read from Cache directly and return.

If now the value gets updated it would be found in the RowCache and
either invalidated (hence case 1 on next read) or updated (hence case 2
on next read). However I couldn't find any information on this.

If this was the case it would mean that each node would only have to
hold 1/5 of my data in Cache (you're right about the DC clone so 1/5 of
data instead of 1/10). If however 3 nodes have to be read each time and
all 3 fill up the row cache with the same data that would make my cache
requirements bigger.

Thanks!

Artur