From Artur Kronenberg <artur.kronenb...@openmarket.com>
Subject Rowcache and quorum reads cassandra
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:40:24 GMT
I was reading through configuration tips for cassandra and decided to
use row-cache in order to optimize the read performance on my cluster.

I have a cluster of 10 nodes, each of them opeartion with 3 GB off-heap
using cassandra 2.4.1. I am doing local quorum reads, which means that I
will hit 3 nodes out of 5 because I split my 10 nodes into two data-centres.

I was under the impression that since each node gets a certain range of
reads my total amount of off-heap would be 10 * 3 GB = 30 GB. However is
this still correct with quorum reads? How does cassandra handle
row-cache hits in combination with quorum reads?

Thanks!
-- artur