From MichaƂ Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Disappearing index data.
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 13:29:50 GMT
I had similar issue (reported many times here, there's also a JIRA
issue, but people reporting this problem were unable to reproduce it).

What I can say is that for me the solution was to run major compaction
on the index CF via JMX. To be clear - we're not talking about
compacting the CF that IS indexed (your CF), but the internal
Cassandra's one, which is responsible for storing index data.

MBean you should look for looks like this:

org.apache.cassandra.db:type=IndexColumnFamilies,keyspace=<KS>,columnfamily=<CF>.<IDX>

M.