From Cyril Scetbon <cyril.scet...@free.fr>
Subject Re: How to select timestamp with CQL
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 10:21:34 GMT
Hi,

Now you can ask for the TTL and the TIMESTAMP as shown in the following example :

cqlsh:k1> select * FROM t1 ;

 ise    | filtre | value_1
--------+--------+---------
 cyril1 |      2 |   49926
 cyril2 |      1 |   18584
 cyril3 |      2 |   31415

cqlsh:k1> select filtre,writetime(filtre),ttl(filtre) FROM t1 ;

 filtre | writetime(filtre) | ttl(filtre)
--------+-------------------+-------------
      2 |  1380088288623000 |        null
      1 |  1380088288636000 |        null
      2 |  1380088289309000 |        null

Regards
--
Cyril SCETBON

On 23 Oct 2013, at 12:00, Alex N <lotqua@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering how could I select column timestamp with CQL. I've been using Hector
so far, and it gives me this option. But I want to use datastax CQL driver now.
> I don't want to mess with this value! just read it. I know I should probably have separate
column with timestamp value created by my own, but I don't want to change the schema and update
milions of rows know.
> I found this ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4217 and it's fixed
but I don't know how to use it -