From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring old project
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 03:05:36 GMT
I would try:

Comments CF:
row_key: (thing_type : thing_id ) where thing_type is "city" etc
column_name: (comment_id (reversed)) where comment_id is a timeuuid
column_value: the comment.

You will need to be wary of very wide rows.

It's a pretty simple model for CQL 3 as well:

CREATE TABLE comments (
	thing_type 	text,
	thing_id		long,
	comment_id	timeuuid,
	body			text
	user			text,
	PRIMARY KEY ( (thing_type, thing_id), comment_id)
)

or

CREATE TABLE comments (
	thing_type 	text,
	thing_id		long,
	created_at 	timestamp.
	user			text,
	comment_id	long,
	body			text

	PRIMARY KEY ( (thing_type, thing_id), created_at, user)
)

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand