From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Is read performance improved by moving more volatile data to different CF?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:00:41 GMT
Hi,

my rows consist of ~70 columns each, some containing small values, some containing larger
amounts of content (think "small documents").

My data is occasionally updated and read several times per day as complete paging through
all rows.

The updates usually affect only about 10% of the small value columns.

Speed of the full paging is of most interest to users.

Given the very different volatility of the per-row data, do you think my read speed would
dramatically improve by splitting the less frequently changes and the very frequently changed
columns into two CFs? So I can enable the row cache for the seldom changing, larger sized
portion of the data?

Or would the effect likely by rather marginal?

Jan