From Viktor Jevdokimov <Viktor.Jevdoki...@adform.com>
Subject RE: Sorting keys for batch reads to minimize seeks
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 07:38:25 GMT
> Sorting a random set of keys will not help.
False

> If you know that you set of keys are on a particular node, then sorting might help.
True

^^^^^^^^
Two different answers to the same question.

> But I doubt that it is a sound practice, given that sets of keys can be moved - as nodes
are added or removed from the cluster
Just be aware, get token ranges from Cassandra.

Best regards / Pagarbiai

Viktor Jevdokimov
Senior Developer

Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
Phone: +370 5 212 3063
Fax: +370 5 261 0453

J. Jasinskio 16C,
LT-03163 Vilnius,
Lithuania

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must
not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this
message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.