From Wei Zhu <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: one big cluster vs multiple smaller clusters
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:59:13 GMT
Hi guys,
Thanks for your reply. It's very helpful.

I agree with Plotnik on the scaling part.

For the business logic, it sounds obvious that "it make sense to divide, i.e. metadata and
really BIG data into different clusters, of course." as you mentioned. But after I think about
it a bit more, what is the real reason for that if the cluster can be scaled horizontally?
Each node still has the same amount of data, what is the benefit of having a separate cluster?

For analytics application, it has to be on a separate cluster as Paulo pointed out. But if
all of use cases are for web application (as of now) what are the drawbacks to put everything
into one big cluster?

Thanks.
-Wei