From Wei Zhu <wz1...@yahoo.com>
Subject one big cluster vs multiple smaller clusters
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 04:05:44 GMT
Hi,
As we bring more use cases to Cassandra, we have been thinking about the best way to host
it. Let's say we will have 15 physical machines available, we can use all of them to form
a big cluster or divide them into 3 clusters with 5 nodes each. As we will deploy to 1.2,
it becomes easier to expand the cluster with vnodes. I really don't see any good reasons to
make 3 smaller clusters. Did I miss anything obvious?

Thanks.
-Wei