From Jon Haddad <...@jonhaddad.com>
Subject Re: one big cluster vs multiple smaller clusters
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 17:25:12 GMT
This is a pretty vague question.  What are you trying to achieve?

On Oct 12, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Wei Zhu <wz1975@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> As we bring more use cases to Cassandra, we have been thinking about the best way to
host it. Let's say we will have 15 physical machines available, we can use all of them to
form a big cluster or divide them into 3 clusters with 5 nodes each. As we will deploy to
1.2, it becomes easier to expand the cluster with vnodes. I really don't see any good reasons
to make 3 smaller clusters. Did I miss anything obvious?